Old December 18th 03, 05:10 AM
John Clonts

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:3h4Eb.577851$Tr4.1552685@attbi_s03...
Secondary flight instruments, clocks, tachometers, temp gauges, etc.,

are
not important... Take a hammer to em for all I care... But attitude

gyros,
asi, altimeter, compass, are your life...

Well, Denny, I have been assured by people who know the business that a
rebuilt gyro instrument is in many ways better than new. All the "wear
parts" are brand new, and everything inside is "tweaked" to precision by

the
technician who rebuilds it. In many cases, the only thing not replaced is
the housing.

But I'm VFR by choice anyway. I won't risk my life behind ANY vacuum
instruments, period.
--

Isn't your turn coordinator electric?

Cheers,