Old September 24th 04, 05:10 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Chris Mark" wrote in message
From: Cub Driver

Americans are
certainly economic colonialists, even today.

I don't understand what that means. Could you explain?

And we were certainly geographical colonialists, as Spain discovered
on several occasions. Texas, California, the states between;

I discount that because it was in the time frame when we were creating our
country. Once we settled on our borders in the mid-19th century, we have
stayed in them with only two exceptions--Alaska and Hawaii.

Not to mention the Phillipines, Puerto Rico and a
significant number of islands in the Pacific such as
Wake, Guam, Kwajalein, Eniwetok etc and there's the
panama canal zone of course

Then there's the little matter of US forces intervening
in various central and south american nations
to protect US economic interests, Nicaragua in
1933 comes to mind. See Banana Wars.

The fact is the US went through a colonial period
too.

Keith