Old October 5th 03, 06:02 PM
BTIZ

wax and weather protect..
slick wings don't like water on them.. if wet fly faster..
do not use silicone based waxes.. like automotive wax.. there was a
"Melgars7" ?? that did not have silicone..
silicone makes for future fiberglass work .. bonding of old and new.. very
difficult..

We use the WxBlocker and WxSeal process, you can see it on Tim's Wings and
Wheels site..

BT

"JJ Sinclair" wrote in message
I'm new to this sport and have a few questions about waxing my ship. Some

say
NEVER wax because if you ever get wet, you will come down like a STONE.

Others
say you MUST wax to ward off the TERRIBLE affects of moisture and UV. I'm
confused, can anyone help?

One more thing, what kind of wax is BEST ? I've been told that silicone is
really BAD for fiberglass. Each little individual "cone", can migrate

right
down into each little "fiber" of my ship and render it UN-REPAIRABLE,

should I
ever break it.
Winter on RAS, is officially open,
JJ Sinclair