Old June 5th 18, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Oxygen refilling hazards

I have a large bottle and a trans fill hose.Â* I remove the cylinder from
the Stemme and carry it to the big bottle for filling.

On 6/4/2018 10:43 AM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
In reference to high pressure O2, be careful on petroleum contamination.
Body oil can be an issue as well as almost any grease/oil.
This goes for breathing O2 or for mixed gas welding/heating (Oxy Acetelyne).
I have read mixed results with silicone grease used sparingly on fitting threads and O-rings.

Better is......
Krytox (industrial supply house like McMaster-Carr) ...http://www2.dupont.com/Lubricants/en...hallenges-.pdf

Other options..... http://www.ikvlubricants.com/grease-...greases-pastes

--