Old April 22nd 04, 05:00 AM
Steve Hix

In article ,
Mary Shafer wrote:

On another note, I'm getting tired of the vitriolic political
disputatiousness on Usenet already and it's a long time to November.
Particularly the nasty attack stuff. It's unoriginal, it's tedious,
and it's irritating. It also says more about the attacker than the
attacked. Whatever happened to the concept of reasonable people
avoiding unreasonable topics in inappropriate places? Has anyone ever
changed their mind because of such an attack (well, except about the
manners and morals of the attacker)?

I'm just about this close to shutting off the computer until after
November. Make do with books, gardening, and weaving.

And then my kids send a flurry of email...almost makes up for the other
stuff.