Old April 28th 16, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

Default SSA phone listings

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 21:10:51 -0700, Frank Whiteley wrote:

If you do not receive the SSA e-News, the following is repeated here for
your action.

Please check your web sites or other listings and verify the SSA office
phone. From the e-News

Recently, several calls have been made to the SSA using the old area
code of (505). This area code is incorrect. The gentleman receiving
phone calls intended for the office does not appreciate them.

Please be sure you are calling (575) 392-1177 when trying to reach the
SSA Headquarters. It is important to us to get your calls!

Also, if you come across any place that has the (505) area code please
let us know immediately. You can do this by calling the office at (575)
392-1177

Thanks.

Is anybody at Headquarters Googling the old number? I see even the
membership app has it:

http://www.ssa.org/files/member/Memb...pplication.pdf

Tons of online directories still have it, along with sites like
eglider.org (K&G) and Memphis Soaring Society.

I tried to call these in, but some grouchy old guy keeps answering :-)