Old September 18th 05, 04:36 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Anyone Remember "Mid-Continent Airlines"?

One of our repeat guests -- an 80-something year old Arizona sweetheart who
has helped immensely with my task of writing a "History of the Iowa City
Airport" -- casually mentioned today that she remembers Mid-Continent Air
Lines flying into Iowa City when she was growing up. (Her family owned the
land just north of the airport -- where the Inn sits today.)

This blew me away, as NO ONE has ever mentioned this air line. To date,
I've discovered that Boeing Air Transport, then United, then Northwest (for
a weekly stop), and then Ozark served Iowa City -- but never a mention of a
"Mid-Continent."

A Google search brought up some history of this airline, which shows them
stopping at cities all around Iowa City -- but I can't find any timetable
information that proves her claim that they stopped here.

Anyone remember this carrier? Does anyone know who would know?

Thanks in advance!

(For those interested in viewing our work thus far, see:
http://alexisparkinn.com/the_iowa_city_airport.htm )
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA