Old October 31st 19, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Key Dismukes

Default Gliding risk....

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 5:49:22 PM UTC-7, wrote:
For those who haven’t seen it....

https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-o...-what-we-love/

I think this is a very useful analysis. Obviously, in every sport, individuals vary greatly in the degree to which they expose themself to risk and how well they manage risk. Unfortunately, all of us pilots probably think we are way above average and thus less exposed to risk. As a community we would benefit by explicitly and systematically evaluating risks of each type of operation.
KD