Old August 9th 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

In article ,
shiver wrote:

Just Plane Noise wrote:

It took me all of one second to find yEnc TZ, a free utility that even
has a version for OS 7 as well as all later versions.
http://www.turbozen.com/mac/yenc/

Yes and over the past few years three other people before you came up
with the very same utility in the very same amount of time.

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH MY MACINTOSH.

First in order to decode a Yenc file you have to be able to download
a Yenc file.

I used to use yEnc TZ on my old Macs when I was running 8.6. It worked
fine. If it's not working for you, you're doing something wrong. My
memory might be fuzzy, but I think what you have to do is use the
Extract Binaries (command-b) to download the files, then drop it onto TZ
to decode them.

Just curious: why are you still running 8.6? If you need just a basic
Mac there are any number of G3 & G4 machines that can be had for CHEAP
that will run OSX and also boot into 8.6, or run it in "Classic" mode.
Well, you might have to use OS9 to do that.

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood