Old February 8th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What to ask when looking for a plane...

Dico wrote:
Hello,

As some of you may have concluded with my other posts, we're looking at
a getting into a Twin Comanche and I'm curious about what questions to
ask after seeing a listing online and prior to getting to the "pre-buy"
inspection stage.

Currently i'm asking:

1. if all ADs/SBs are complied with and up to date
2. damage history
3. if all avionics work 100%
4. when the fuel bladders were replaced last
5. if all FAA337 forms for all mods are with the aircraft

Are there any specific questions I shuold be asking for this type of
airplane (or other questions i'm missing)?

Learning a lot!

Thanks,

Dico

Get the report on the plane from AOPA Title Services. Compare any
accident/incident reports or any 337s with the log books. Make sure
there's no old liens, and a clean chain of ownership with properly
signed BOS's. Buy title insurance.