Old April 13th 14, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Auxvache

Default PowerFlarm v3.40

Went to update to the latest version of PF--3.40--and one item in the release note made me hesitate:

"Known issues:
- Mode C targets at own altitude may be suppressed."
(http://www.flarm.com/powerflarm/upda...Notes_3_40.txt)

My non-engineer brain assumes that this is related to one of the Fixes in this version:

"FIX: More aggressive suppression of own Mode C XPDR (reverted to 2.60
behaviour)."

Since I don't yet have a transponder in this glider (wag of the finger), and would like better Mode C PCAS alerts than what I'm currently getting (v3.0), I'm wondering if this particular update is one I should skip. Any thoughts/experiences/advice appreciated.