Old April 19th 14, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default PowerFlarm v3.40

On Friday, April 18, 2014 7:31:57 PM UTC-7, darrylr wrote:
"Suppression of the local Mode C transponder is done by suppressing same-altitude Mode C targets. That's the main bit of info that the system has to use to do that suppression of the local transponder. Flarm can do things to try to minimize suppression of other transponders but unlike Mode S there is no hard-guaranteed way to suppress only the local Mode C transponder. So this is always going to involve a lot of art as well as science. "

ZAON worked how to do it without suppressing all same altitude signals but FLARM cannot. That's why I keep my MRX.