Old March 15th 19, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Glider preparation for a competition

On 3/14/2019 8:27 PM, Charles Longley wrote:
Coincidentally this is my first year flying in a competition. (Region 8
Sport class). Really good info thanks a lot!

Have fun!

When I initially bought 15-meter-glass (1st generation; 1981), I reasoned that
- if I ever 'went the contest route' (which I never really did) - not until my
score consistently reached within 10% of a contest's winner would it make any
'financial sense' to buy a higher-performing ship in the same class...if
winning contests was my goal. Were I at the same stage today, I might use 20%
rather than 10%, but the same principle seems as valid now as I thought it was
then.

In any event, lotsa good, fundamental-advice upon which to noodle and from
which to pick...

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com