Old March 16th 19, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Glider preparation for a competition

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 6:08:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm flying in my first gliding competition this year. I've flown a reasonable number of XC tasks over the last couple of years and thought it would be fun to enter a small local competition.

My glider is in pretty good condition and I'll be polishing it before the competition, but what other tips do people have for preparing a glider to try and get an edge in competition?

Thanks

Ash

Good luck, Ash. I would say, show up and have fun. The rest will work itself out. Find a group and get around the course. Seeing that home airport is like nothing you have ever done if it's your first time. And yes, you can scream out loud when you see it since nobody can hear but the birds!

Does anyone have a checklist of items if you land out? I'm sure someone has things that I don't think of as I'm sitting here in A/C, drinking coffee.... This thread is right up my alley since I have an empty OX tank to fill with those items and other things.

Thanks

Gary
"SQ"