Old February 12th 18, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Grillo[_2_]

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

Hi Gerry,
I can give you a perspective on LX support. I purchased and installed a LX9050 two seasons ago. Last summer I developed a screen issue where the colors would change in flight, stay screwed up for 15 minutes or so then go back to normal. I contacted LXnav and they said to send them the unit and they would repair it free of charge. I sent them the unit in early December and I had it back in 30 days. Not bad considering the holiday break.

I will say that the 9000 series does take some time to learn because of all the features it has. But once you get it setup the way you like, its works great. I would suggest getting the biggest screen that will fit in your new ship.

See you in Albert Lea.
Don