Old May 6th 04, 05:04 PM
Scott MacEachern

"Keith Willshaw" wrote:

I doubt it since the actual story was that 25 prisoners
had died in custody...

As of yesterday, at http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/world/2551262

"Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The number of prisoner deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan
known to be under U.S. investigation or already blamed on Americans
rose to 14 today, including two additional deaths being scrutinized by
the CIA's inspector general. ....
Senior military officials braced for broader investigations. "I expect
that as these investigations track down all the possible leads that
there will be more things that will need to be looked at very, very
carefully," Gen. Peter Pace, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, said today in an appearance on CBS' "The Early Show."

"As they chase the various elements, more people come forward with
bits and pieces they think they might have and that leads you to look
at other things," Pace said. "So there will be more investigations.
Where that will lead I don't know....."

Scott