Old May 6th 05, 05:45 AM
B. Jensen

Al,

Depending on how your inverted oil system is plumbed, you might want to
put the adapter that B&C sells on your vacuum pad that allows you to
install both the SD-8 and inverted oil pickup from the same area. If
you have the "classic" setup with the "T" connector on the firewall, you
will have much more stable oil pressure when rolling from upright to
inverted with the pickup coming from the vacuum pad just prior to the
SD-8. Just a suggestion if you are in the process of modifying your
Pitts. It a very simple conversion. BTW, the SD-8 works very well as
do all the B&C products I have ever used.

BJ

Al MacDonald wrote:

Greetings,

I'm considering installing a B&C light weight alternator, SD-8 (8amp and
2500 rpm) in my Pitts. Serious weight reduction from my old generator.....
My electrical system consists of an Icom A200 that draws practically nothing
and a fuel pump that is turned on for t/o, landing and aerobatics. With my
average flight being about .4 does anyone on this list have thoughts as to
whether this will keep my battery charged or if I have to introduce
supplemental charging. I'm sure there are lots of Pitts pilots out there
who are using this alternator. Thanks for any input.

al.