Old November 25th 03, 07:11 PM
Dave Butler

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Last month, Dave Butler wrote about a problem caused by the relocation of
the SAV VOR. He has a Garmin GPSMAP 196, but this problem is probably
present in many of their GPSs.

I have a GPSMAP 295 and suspected it might have the same problem. I noticed
today that Garmin has added version 2.40 to their downloads page. The
description of the change from ver 2.30 to 2.40 reads, "Added processing to
detect the movement or deletion of any aviation database waypoint and update
all routes and goto history with the new data."

I attempted to download 2.40 but the link took me to 2.30. I called Garmin
tech support and spoke to Scott. He verified that the link to 2.40 actually
pointed to 2.30. He said he'd report the problem. It should be fixed today.

The new version 3.60 for the GPSMAP 196 has the same description and appears
to point to the correct update.

Cool, Jon, thanks for the notification! This newsgroup can take a lot of the
credit for getting this fixed. John Bell picked up my report on the newsgroup
and documented it in a way that Garmin couldn't ignore. Thanks to all who
contributed to this effort!

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.