Old September 2nd 03, 04:24 PM
Vic Flintham

In article , Zahi
writes
A friend of mine, who is the daughter of Malaysian royalty said that
some of the native people, (they are called "Orang Asli" or
"Sangkai"), found an old military aircraft deep in the jungle of
Malaysia. A Malay man accompanied them into the jungle and took some
videos. I'm supposed to receive a copy of the videos in a couple of
weeks. I offerred to help them locate someone who might be interested
in re-interring the remains of the crew and documenting the aircraft
itself. Right now the details are sketchy. The Malaysian government
gave up on it. The only detail I have for sure is that the tail
number is "WG871". Someone said it might be a deHavilland Vampire.
Anyone know what the tail numbers might signify?

WG871 was a Vampire FB9 of 60 Sqn based Tengah reported missing from a
night navex on 17.3.52 (for the benefit of American readers that is 17
March 1952 :-)). The pilot is missing presumed dead.

--
Vic Flintham
Cold war military aviation