Old September 3rd 03, 07:57 PM
Zahi

Does anyone know exactly where in Johor this aircraft was found? I
live at the other end of Malaysia (Penang) and am willing to assist if
necessary. Further details would be appreciated.

Regards,

Laurie.

The aircraft is a tropicalised version of the FB Mk 5 of which a number
exist in museums around the world. Of itself WG871 is of relatively
little interest and with a number of wooden components will be past
being of any value. However, the pilot's remains are probably with the
aircraft and I would hope that the proper authorities are approached
before any further poking around takes place.

The re-interrment of the pilot's remains and informing the appropriate
relatives and authorities are my primary concern. Thanks to the
information on this forum, we now have a good idea about the
nationality of the plane, (my friend's contacts had assumed it was
American, from WW II, which seems unlikely). The details of the
location of the crash are being sent to me by my friend and I should
have them in about 2 weeks. I'll post more information later. All I
know so far is that it is "several days journey" into the jungle. I'm
going to check with them if the site is accessibly by car or
helicopter as well.