Old May 3rd 21, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Too much air in the gas tank??

On 5/3/21 8:59 AM, jfitch wrote:
"Aircraft has sustained some damage..." is a masterful understatement for a totaled aircraft. But I have to ask: what exactly is the point of a hydrogen powered airplane? 96% of commercial hydrogen is produced from fossil fuels, why not just use the fossil fuels? To fleece ignorant investors I'd assume, but still....
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 6:58:29 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...?MailingID=604

If this was a "safe, off-airport landing", I'd sure hate to see a
dangerous off-airport crash. Anytime you rip a wing off, I think that
crosses the line between the two.

It's not just ignorant investors getting fleeced, unwilling taxpayers
are the targets of these scams thanks to ignorant governments.

But some of these new projects are truly revolutionary. Take the ASKA.
Please. Here you have a car that fits in your garage, electric motors
in the wheels to run around town, and for longer trips, just push a
button and it unfolds into marvelous flying machine. For the same price
as a nice motorglider, you get six engines instead of one, with a 250
mile range, beating even a Jeta. And it does the vertical takeoff,
eliminating that annoying trip to the airport. This baby's going to be
flying next year. Since not even lithium batteries last forever, it's
got a dirty old ICE engine, but with the ever popular hydrogen option to
keep the greenie weenies happy. It's something George Jetson never
could have dreamed of. Just hope it meets California emission standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TGVSoejkW4