Old June 12th 21, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Default Winch demonstration/training at home gliderport

One may find that the real estate acquisition for a 4,000' + runway to get a decent winch launch height is more expensive than a Pawnee.

Be careful with trailers from South Carolina as people there don't need to plate them, including glider trailers.

Highway patrols outside SC may not be accommodating, but the Illinois fellow I bought my glider from had been driving around for some years on a SC souvenir plate that the first owner had put on.