Old June 20th 05, 12:52 AM
Byron Covey

You can't do a roll and retain 1 G positive throughout the roll.

BJC

"zaphod" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:04:39 -0500, Chris W wrote:

Do we have any who is a math whiz here? I want to find a formula to
calculate the position of an airplane throughout a 1G roll. The reason
I'm doing this is so I can build a "roll track" for a remote control car
so the car will alway have a positive g force on it to keep it on the
track. Anyone have any ideas? So far my attempts have have all come up
short. They don't pass what my college calculus instructor called the
"warm and fuzzy" test. I think it has been too long since I took those
classes.

IIRC, There is a computer sim game for building roller coasters with some
realistic physics. While not exactly what you were looking for, maybe you
could build the coaster with the forces you want and then immitate the
shape produced for your track without going thru all the math?

peace,
chris