Old March 22nd 05, 01:38 AM
Jim Carriere

Kevin, you asked about my "liplight." I don't really remember
exactly how I got it, I think it was supplied through work a long
time ago.

These look a bit like what I have (google searches again):

http://www.nvec-night-vision.com/pro...16&Category=11
http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog...hp/subid=3554/

Fifty bucks seems a bit high, you might want to shop around a bit.

Mine has a 2x AA battery pack that has a connector like a 9V battery.
I think it will work with a 9V, it makes the LEDs brighter (the AA
pair is bright enough). Of course the battery pack has to go
somewhere, if you already wear a helmet then the batteries are not
noticeable, but if you wear only a headset maybe it will bother you.
I'm not sure what would be stopping you from customizing the
battery pack, a 3V camera battery would probably last hundreds of
hours and weigh a lot less hanging there on one side of your headset.

One thing you'll figure out quick, it's easy to accidentally beam the
guy sitting next to you with these.

Hope this helps.