Old August 18th 03, 08:04 AM
Peter Twydell

In article , David Lesher
writes
"Mycroft" writes:

I thought I would pose the limit question as it make a change from best this
that or the other questions. Another story comes to mind from the Berlin
airlift when a C47 was given a load of coal really meant for an Avro York so
ended up with double it's max load; The pilot commented "I thought she was a
bit sluggish".

I recall the Airlift story the C47 misloaded with n sheets of
not the ordered perforated aluminium planking for runways, but n of
perforated STEEL planking...

According to a caption on a documentary on TV the other night, the C-
47's payload was 60000 lb; so what's the problem? ;-)
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!