Old July 14th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ernest Christley

Default Master cylinders

Stealth Pilot wrote:

reassemble, refill with red aviation brake fluid (actually an
automatic transmission fluid) and you will have pristine reconditioned
master cylinders.

Excellent post, Stealth, except avoid the red aviation fluid. Well, some of the red aviation fluid. The stuff is
fairly flammable. Many designs use a hard aluminum line down to the brakes. Overform the hard line, and aluminum will
eventually break, and possibly spew flammable brake fluid onto a hot break. If that happens to you, you'll be damn
lucky if you have a quick thinking nephew handy with a gallon just of anti-freeze or some such silly thing.

The airforce got tired for brake fires and had a drop-in replacement formulated with a higher break point. If it is
good enough for the Stealth Fighter, it should be good enough for the Stealth Pilot 8*)

8351 is the magic number the stuff is called (I think). I ordered a gallon online for $20 or so. Enough for SEVERAL
airplanes. Big metal can. I use a sheet metal screw through a small o-ring to seal up all the extra.