Old October 3rd 17, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Does the FAI think its April 1st?

Le mardi 3 octobre 2017 15:39:20 UTC+2, krasw a écritÂ*:
tiistai 3. lokakuuta 2017 16.30.50 UTC+3 Tango Whisky kirjoitti:

1. Let's make a fancy computer software and calculate handicaps based on old crappy idaflieg measurements (304 vs. Mosquito!) and weather model.

What exactly would be crappy with the Idaflieg measurements?

I have no other explanation to 304 vs. Mosquito handicaps. Do you?

The Idaflieg measurements involve a massive effort (calibrated reference sailplane, towing both sailplanes early morning high up multiple times, lots of customized measurement electronics and software)and are the most accurate measurements of glider polars you will ever get.

What you then do with the results is another story (which neither bothers nor interests me).