Old May 16th 04, 03:29 AM
Dav1936531

From: Steve Hix NVALID

Jim Yanik wrote:
If the crowd of jihadis is milling around and carrying prohibited weapons

like RPGs,why not just drop a 250 lb. blast-frag bomb on the crowd? Everyone
there is supporting the jihadis.

Hardly. Quite a few locals are fed up with the jihadis, particularly al Sadr's

mob.

I think he meant "everyone (in the direct vicinity of the weapon carrying
jihadis) there is supporting the jihadis".

And while that is probably true, reports from the Fallujah siege indicate that
the gun toting trouble makers tend to hide behind women and children. The
Marine snipers reportedly were extremely valuable in that fight, due to their
precision in avoiding civilian casualties. In such circumstances, a 250 lb.
might be a PR disaster.

Consequently, I was wondering about the possibility of a Predator as sort of a
sniper platform. It was just a thought, but I am starting to think the required
level of precision hitting the target would probably be unattainable.......at
least with a .50 BMG round.

Now a tungsten flechette fired from a sabot gun....that might just do the
trick.
Dave