Old November 4th 16, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Birds in the hangar

Can the hangar be effectively sealed? By which I mean are the doors tight fitting enough that closing them, sealing cracks and putting grilles on vents etc. make it pretty much impossible for birds to get in and out? That was what worked well for someone I know who has a hangar and had this problem. Swallows might respond well to properly designed birdhouses on the field as a way to keep them out of the hangar too. Swallows eat a lot of insects and are fun to watch flying around so if you can figure out a way that keeps them in the area but not crapping on the gliders it's well worth some effort.