Old November 4th 16, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg

Default Birds in the hangar

On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 8:43:22 PM UTC-5, Ben Coleman wrote:
Our club is discussing what we can do to deter birds from perching in our hangar and messing up our aircraft. Can anyone recommend a technique? Are there any methods which have not worked?

The birds are small, probably swallows.

Thanks Ben

We have used the Bird X QuadBlaster QB-4 for over a decade, works very well keeping birds out of the hanger, Emits a very high pitch series of sound pulses that most people can not hear, some younger people can detect it and find it annoying. This devise is not cheap around $550.00. we have it mounted on a side wall of a 60 x 60 hanger. Installed a on off wall switch to shut it down when necessary. Web site URL http://www.bird-x.com/quadblaster-qb...hp?page_id=103