Old April 18th 18, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.?

My best friend from college, and throughout my adult life has been Tom’s eldest son, Jon. We are both pilots and I met Mr. Tom Irlbeck a few times in my life. With those brief encounters he left a lasting impression with me. When I was much younger he had no particular reason to take the time to talk and listen to me, but he did. That type of caring, from someone you have met only met a few times, is maybe something this world needs more of.

He and Jon have helped me along with advice throughout my career, including a recommendation to fly for Continental Airlines. The tragic news of this accident, is so incredibly sad for me. I am sure he is looking down from Heaven at us all, and someday we can all meet him again.

An address to send flowers and condolences would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Eric Reid