Old July 15th 03, 09:11 PM
Dan Thomas

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
A couple of days ago, there was a thread in here about '59 C-175 door handles
being replaceable by '60 DeSoto or somesuch handles. I'd like to know where you
get 1960 automobile parts? It isn't like the junkyards are full of them, and
somebody somewhere has to make a universal replacement serrated jaw handle.

Any suggestions? The '58 182 could use a couple of door handles.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com

Might try
www.spaenaur.com......I used to buy some odd stuff from
them. They have a big catalog full of fasteners, and a section of
latches, handles and stuff originally made for old cars; probably
automaker's leftover stock from long ago. I didn't see any pictures on
the website, but my catalog here has pictures of everything.
Old auto handles are usually diecast zinc, while most aircraft
handles are aluminum. Big difference in weight. One of our 172s,
though, has zinc interior door handles.

Dan