Old July 20th 03, 05:55 AM
tango4

Anywhere but the UK! It has been a particularly bad season here weatherwise.

Ian

"mosquito" wrote in message
I learned to fly in the UK, but haven't flown for 5 years or so.
I'm (was) solo, with approx 40 hrs - mainly local thermal soaring
within gliding range of my home field.

This was all on ASK-13's. I think in the US most clubs use
glass gliders.

Anyway, I want to get current again, and I'm looking to take an
intensive refresher course to get back to solo. Could you recommend
any facilities/clubs in either Europe or the US that offer training.

I was looking for places in Arizona but they don't seem to offer
much instruction. A place in N. California at Hollister looks good
but that's a long way from the UK.

Spain or France perhaps? Comments welcome.