Old February 17th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default "Secret" Overvoltage Protection?

On Feb 16, 7:32 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Dan et al ...

The "tiny fuse" you refer to is actually a single fuse mounted as close as
possible to the battery box. AIVR, you can have either 3 or 5 amps directly
from the battery (i.e. a 3 or 5 amp fuse) in a "keep alive" circuit that
doesn't go through the master relay but is wired directly to the battery.
That circuit is then wired to the clock and any other avionics that need to
draw (usually microamps) current to keep memories alive and the like.

That's where I find them and where I put the Artex's fuseholder. I
don't want an always-hot unfused wire any longer than necessary. The
Artex uses a quarter-amp fuse.

Dan