Old March 31st 21, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

Default new SSA web site

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 4:14:33 PM UTC-4, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 3/31/2021 3:22 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
The "new web site" is live, and it is very slow to load, and I can't
find anything... Where did the state records go?

And when I tried to login it made me spend much time training Google's
AI via a "Captcha" - I hate those things with a white-hot passion!

And then it rejected my password. (I haven't typed it in in years as my
browser remembered it.) For each attempt it wanted a new Captcha. Then
I clicked on "lost password". That too wanted a Captcha. Then it said
my "username" (6 digits) is not valid. Neither is my email (another
captcha).

I may never login to SSA again!

I got this email response from Alexa Owens, SSA Marketing/Membership
Manager:

"We are launching our new website today and are in testing phase. No one
will be able to log in until tomorrow. You will receive an email from us
about the new website as well as a password reset link. Thank you for
your patience!"

- Alright, so let's be patient for a bit longer. And yeah I didn't see
any login link, maybe that will show up tomorrow. (But I ran into a
login link on some subpage, that's what didn't work for me.)

And pray that the blasted Captchas will go away! At the very least, I'd
like to see a "keep me logged in" option.

Finding things on the new web site design will presumably be difficult
for us for a while, since it's different from the old web site.

Thanks for following up, ket us hope the growing pains don't last.