Old June 7th 21, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US: 15M/Open Class Writeups?

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 2:22:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What is it you want to see in contest reporting? How tasty the BBQ was that evening or something more?

Here's a sample of what one can put together if you enjoy head-to-head battles between 2 or more pilots by producing your own animated drama: From studying the results from contest day 6 of the Open Class Nationals, I noted that the top day winners, Dan Mockler and Jim Lee, finished only 1.13 Kph apart in a 492.18km task. Moreover, they both flew JS1-C 21 meter ships, basically eliminating differences in equipment. Loaded both IGC files (available of course via OLC or similar databases or as published by the SSA contest site) into SeeYou (now an OLC option), normalized the time offset and incorporated the days' SkySight Wx info. When you hit the play button you get to witness each pilot's strategy, side-by-side and in 3D! Like they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. If you really want to get into the minutia, SeeYou statistics can be reviewed for each pilot (# of left v right turning, thermal strength, distance between thermals, etc.).

However, I couldn't find anyone to rate the BBQ.

I just checked the SSA web site for results. They are showing all
remaining days as "no contest". Has the fire season shut them down?

RO