Old August 24th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default Lieberman calls on Rumsfeld to resign

Grey Satterfield wrote:
On 8/23/06 7:43 PM, in article , "John P. Mullen"
wrote:

Grey Satterfield wrote:

On 8/23/06 5:52 AM, in article
, "Jack Linthicum"
wrote:

The [Lieberman Web] site crashing is due to cronyism. They dropped a full
fledged operator using a dedicated server for some friend of a campaign
manager who wanted to help his buddy and save a few bucks.

All the polls now show the race as nearly dead-heat, 44 Liberman 42 Lamont
last I saw. The poor schmuck Republican has enough baggage to fill a 747 and
still he wanders onto cable TV like he had a chance.

Interesting. If that's what happened, it certainly makes sense. Sending
out amateurs to do the work of professionals is a recipe for disaster.

Either way, publicly accusing someone of sabotage without a shred of
evidence is a recipe for slander.

John Mullen

It appears that the facts have not yet been definitively established. I
assume that the investigation will get to the bottom of the debate. Until
then, it would be a good not to get to righteous either way, it seems to me.

We all know this Turk is some Communist Liberal Pinko Cater Clinton
Kerry Clinton (gotta get Hillary in) symp with a hatred for Jewish
Senators from Connecticut. Thenagain he may be a hacker who hits a
vulnerable (that's a bull's vulva for Hines and Oilver) site and moves
on. Joe2006 was on a server with 70 other 'clients' including a site
selling guitars.

http://rotophonic.com/

Day 17 in the Hunt for the Lieberman Hacker - Hacker already found
August 23, 2006
Posted by rotophonic in : Technology, Politics, Joe Lieberman ,
trackback , bookmark in del.icio.us

Joe2006I'm not sure what they're investigating, but the FBI
probably isn't looking too hard for the person who defaced
Lieberman's website. The hacker has already been found.

Zone-h.org spoke on August 10th with a Turkish hacker who admitted to
defacing Lieberman's site. Was this Turkish hacker working for Ned
Lamont? Had he been enlisted by legions of bloggers to ruin
Lieberman's chances? Not even close. Here's what Roberto Preatoni
discovered:

We tried to contact the attacker who disclosed that he indeed
attacked Senator Joe Lieberman's website and defaced it, but being a
Turkish guy, he really didn't have a clue about who Senator Joe
Lieberman was. Being Muslim we asked him if his attack was anyway
politically motivated and the answer was: "I did it just for fun".

Being also asked if he was the coordinator of the Denial of Service
attacks which have been effecting Senator Joe Lieberman's site he
declared that what he did was just to deface the site, then moving to
the next target. "

Did you get that last bit? The hacker admitted to defacing the site,
but simply moved on to the next vulnerable site in his list. As I
reported before, this was no Denial of Service attack.

I can vouch for the risks that unpatched sites running Joomla! run.
After an automated scan of my server's pages on August 20th looking
for mentions of Joomla! and the ext_calendar module (both terms would
be found in that article), a computer based in Turkey attempted to load
a hack onto my system. Fortunately, I'm not running Joomla!, and it
certainly backs up the story that this was simply a random incident and
Lieberman's site was defaced along with probably hundreds or
thousands of others that day.

http://electioncentral.tpmcafe.com/b...or_hack_attack

CT-SEN: Lieberman Aide Acknowledges There's No Direct Evidence Of
Lamont Hacking
By Greg Sargent | bio

I just got off the phone with top Joe Lieberman adviser Dan Gerstein,
and he acknowledged to me that the Lieberman camp doesn't have any
direct evidence that the Lamont campaign -- or Lamont supporters -- are
behind the alleged hack attack on the Lieberman campaign web site.

Gerstein reiterated the belief that Lamont "supporters" were behind the
attacks, and said he wanted Lamont to condemn the tactic, but said: "We
are not putting the blame on the Lamont campaign."

Asked if the Lieberman campaign knew who was behind the alleged
attacks, Gerstein said: "We don't."

Lieberman campaign manager Sean Smith has directly accused Lamont
supporters of being behind it, adding: "If Ned Lamont has a backbone in
his body, he will call on these people to cease and desist." And
Gerstein earlier today said of Lamont, "Their supporters are doing
these [attacks], we've demanded they get them to stop and they refuse
to do it."

But when I asked Gerstein if the Lieberman campaign any had evidence
that Lamont backers were behind the attack, he didn't answer directly.
He said: "Here's the thing. We are not putting the blame on the
Lamont campaign...We think it's very important for them to put out a
statement throughout the Net roots that they not only don't support
these tactics, but want them to stop."

I noted that the Lamont campaign Web coordinator, Tim Tagaris, had
posted a statement disavowing any campaign involvement and calling on
anyone doing the attacks to stop. But Gerstein said that still wasn't
enough. "We asking it to come directly from Ned Lamont and that they
aggressively circulate that statement."

The argument the Lieberman campaign appears to be making, then, is that
though they don't have any evidence that Lamont supporters are behind
the attack, the candidate himself should demand a cessation of the
attack from any supporters who might have done it.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/001314.php
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/8/8/153827/3493 a list of those also
on Joe's server