Old April 12th 04, 05:06 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:55:05 +0200, "Emmanuel Gustin"
wrote:

No thanks. Air dominance and ground attack seem to work best with
dedicated air frames in a hi/lo mix--the USAF has done quite nicely
with F-15/16 and the Navy seems to have concluded that the "good ol'
days" of F-14/A-6 operations were better on both sides of the mission
than the F/A-18 business.

The F/A-18 is the solution to USN's problems and a fine example of a
procurement that faced the realities of the times.

We can't very well expect to keep F-35 costs down by migrating
electric/electronic systems from the F-22. That alone is reason for the
price of the F-35 to adjust upwards by 1/3. These days I would look to tha
F-35 to migrate technology to the F-22, if the F-22 survives it's current
review.