Old May 17th 04, 02:36 AM
Bushy

The hand thrown one that was used out here in the Australian outback about
four weeks ago (with no report) was thrown while the prop was still
rotating.

The steel cable was cut by the prop, but not before it damaged the wooden
prop beyond repair. The parachute did not remain with the aircraft after
that.

The aircraft was brought to the ground still under control and the
controlled crash did not injure anyone. (Apart from a serious pride injury!)

I know because I was talking to him that night about buying the advertised
aircraft and he had taken it up for a last spin........ and it started
running rough.......

He would have to be one of the luckiest blokes I have ever talked to.......

Peter