Old January 7th 04, 01:32 AM
B2431

From: steve gallacci
Date: 1/6/2004 6:08 PM Central Standard Time

First of all, it's not a "thingy". It is positively a Pabst ramjet as
evidenced by its connection to one of the Fw Triebflugel's wings seen
in the photo. And it is being windtunnel tested.

That, except for the Triebflg. wing (more likely a simple streamlined
strut)was what I was suggesting. The guy was being a dunderhead. Of
course it wasn't moving, it was a test article in a wind tunnel! Jeez.

Teuton said it was a picture of a running ramjet. I simply said it wasn't
running in that picture and that apparatus could just as easily not been what
he said it was. It didn't prove his point. As the "dunderhead" in question I
felt the need to spell it out for you.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired