Old August 31st 15, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bohli compass operation

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 9:06:10 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Was wondering if anyone can describe their personal experiences with a Bohli compass. Did you like it was it easy to use? I read the manual which proclaims one can actually use the compass to center thermals and to cloud fly. From my reading it seems as if you would have to be VERY experienced practiced and current to cloud fly or to use the compass to assist in centering a thermal.

I had one and never found it useful for centering a thermal. Nice compass though and I would agree that using it for staying upright would require significant practice and training.