Old February 28th 04, 12:33 AM

john smith wrote:

Richard Hertz wrote:
You are filing /G and you don't know the answer to this?
Where do people get their IFR 'training' these days?

That's not necessarily a fair criticism.
For those of us who have been flying since the 70's, we still think and
refer to airspace as TCA's, TRSA's and ARSA's. So we still remember RNAV
as VOR/DME, while LORAN and GPS are essentially global navigation
systems (although, technically, that's still another, different form
altogether).

I;ve been flying since the late 1950s and I adjust. TCA, and ARSAs seem
quite alien to me these days. Then again TRSAs don't because we still have
those.

I think the criticism is quite justified.