Old April 27th 05, 04:13 PM
Wayne Paul

Is the Applebay hook similar to the Schreder design?
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Sc...76_Page_29.JPG

wrote in message
ps.com...

F.L. Whiteley wrote:
Any comments pro or con about the Appleboy nose release?

Reportedly there are some PIK's, ASW's, LS's and Zuni's out there

with them.

Had the same request on gliderforum.com for a few days. A few views,

but no
comments. Perhaps someone here that I haven't already had an

exchange
with?

TIA,

Frank

There is one on my ASW 20. I have not used it to many times but it
seems
to work fine. It is a real pain to open it for the hook-up. Once it
releases and retracts there is nothing to grab a hold of to extend it.
A pocket knife or small screwdriver blade is needed to pull it out of
the fuselage far enough that you can open it.

Craig-