Old March 1st 04, 07:59 AM
Dave Katz

john smith writes:

Yes, you might want to mention the 120 knot single engine approach
speed. ;-)

Haven't done a single engine approach, happily, but I did have to do a
couple of no-flaps approaches (at night) after the rather odd
split-flap avoidance mechanism failed (by refusing to move the flaps
at all.) 120 over the fence was kind of fun; luckily the runways were
long (VNY and MRY) and reversable props are quite helpful. I believe
my quote of the evening was "Yee hah!" ;-)

They're just overgrown Barons, really, with better short field
performance. ;-)