Old July 5th 03, 08:34 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:31:17 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

There was a question the other day about an amateur radio (or any other two-way
radio, for that matter) aboard the airplane. At least for amateur radio (part
97) I got an answer back from an old time FCC person who was in this business
for a whole bunch of years. Names are omitted for reasons of privacy.

I think we have the same "take" in that I can mount it in the pane and
even run it through the audio panel.

I can't for the life of me imagine why some one would want to take the
audio from the aircraft rig to modulate the ham rig, or vice versa.

OTOH, I have worked both military and civilian flights on the HF bands
using both the military equipment (FB-111) and ham band equipment for
the HF aviation work...(non certified) but they were using it
transoceanic.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)