Old November 1st 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default Duo Dive-brakes ( Polar with spoilers extended?)

Karl Striedieck wrote:

As to the assertion that the DG-1000 has more effective air brakes than the
Duo, this is not so. While flying a DG-1000 I had the opportunity to do a
formation "test dive" comparison with a Duo. We (Tom Knauff in a Duo) got in

I've never compared the two side by side. But fact is that the original
Duo is not certified for aerobatics, according to the SH homepage due to
the poor dive brakes, while the DG1000 is, as well as the new Duo X. So
yes, it seems there is a difference in air brake effectiveness.