Old October 21st 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger (K8RI)

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:28:19 +0000 (UTC), (Edward
A. Falk) wrote:

In article . com,
Jay Honeck wrote:
Sounds good to me.

Me, too.

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.

All-electric cars have the problem of limited range. I'm thinking of
a plug-in Prius for my next car. It's an electric car for short trips,

Of course in the US that voids your warranty. In Europe they have a
button on the dash to use it as an all electric when around town and
then go to hybrid for longer trips. Instead of just shy of 50 MPG
they are running in the neighborhood of 100 MPG.

The reason for not having the button in the US is the battery
warranty.

Roger (K8RI)
and a hybrid for long ones. With solar panels on the roof to charge it,
it becomes pretty green.