Old November 1st 07, 05:21 PM posted to aus.aviation,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Hatunen

Default Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 23:02:33 +1000, "John Ewing" none@needed
wrote:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
Ned wrote in :

Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation
Popular Mechanics David Noland October 13, 2007

The list doesn't mention one single crash that happened outside of
North America. Is that a reflex of the worldview of American media?

Yes - it is a perfect example of US myopia.

I would have thought that the Tenerife disaster made an impact.

Indeed it did. But most US citizens would not have a clue where Tenerife
is.

We did at the time. It was in all the papers.