Old January 22nd 20, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sailplane pilot who wandered across the Iron Curtain in the 1960's.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 9:30:06 AM UTC-5, Paul T wrote:
At 13:17 22 January 2020, wrote:
I didn't get to watch much TV as a kid, my dad made me sit in my

room and
r=
ead books with a dictionary and Thesaurus, hence my magnificant

SAT verbal
=
score, but I digress. I find Youtube to be quite entertaining,

moreso
than=
much of current crop of garbage on TV and in watching some old

shows I
cam=
e across an edition of "To Tell the Truth," featuring a sailplane pilot
who=
accidently flew into commie land during a World Championship in

Germany
in=
1960 or thereabouts. Go to YOUTUBE and search for "To Tell The

Truth,
Sa=
ilplane pilot." Guy's name was Dick Streeter of Strieter... Perhaps

some
=
of the older guys here might have known him. =20

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Schreder - you seriously have
not heard of him????

I am BAD with names, I will remember every word of a conversation for years and years but have a block quite often with names. I have towed a few of his designs though.

Walt Connelly
Happy Helicopter Pilot