Old July 21st 03, 09:32 PM
Dan Luke

"SD" wrote:
So now I have stumbled across a 172RG that is for sale at a very
reasonable price....I have already flown the plane and was very pleased

with
it(except a few squawks, that I have discussed with the owner about).
The only thing that I have left is to take it and have a prepurchase
inspection done on it. He even turned over all the A/C log books over
to me over this weekend which I have scrutinized over and everything
seems to be in order.

Whatever you do make *damned* sure the AD and the SB on the gear have been
done right. If you find out later that you have cracked pivots or actuators,
it would cost $1,000s to fix. The AD came out after I bought my airplane and
I sweated bullets when I had it done. I was lucky, mine was ok, but other
owners got an ugly surprise.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM